Submission to City of Melbourne's "Transport Strategy Refresh"
11th December 2018
By Rob Salvatore
Even as the VMC's Melbourne Toyrun was in progress, members of the VMC committee were working together behind the scenes to get a response finalised relating to the City of Melbourne's "Transport Strategy Refresh". This response was submitted yesterday in time for today's council meeting. Great work Peter Baulch, Rob Salvatore and John Eacott (among others).
Key points raised are:
- Calling out apparent negative bias present in the “Transport Strategy Refresh – Participate Melbourne Community Engagement Analysis” report by EY Sweeney, December 2018
- The failure of the report to reference the existing, excellent "City of Melbourne Motorcycle Plan 2015-2018"
- Motorcycle footpath parking, and how it promotes access to the CBD via a highly efficient transport mode: a key objective of the transport strategy
- 21 key points and observations regarding motorcycles and PTWs (powered two-wheelers) relevant to the EY Sweeney report
- With a final recommendation that "...EY Sweeney works with subject matter experts in the area of motorcycles / PTW’s for a fair and engaged analysis of motorcycling issues and topics".
Our full submission can be found here.
Photo credit: City of Melbourne